FINANCIAL BENEFITS

Go down

FINANCIAL BENEFITS

Post  Supremedebater on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:10 pm

Earnings Loss Benefit

An income replacement program that ensures your income does not fall below 75% of your gross pre-release military salary. This benefit is taxable and is payable while you are taking part in the rehabilitation or vocational assistance program. The Earnings Loss Benefit will ensure that you have a total pre-tax income of at least $40,000 per year (with the exception of some reservists).

You may qualify for the Earnings Loss Benefit if you are:
•a CF Veteran who is eligible for the Rehabilitation Program or vocational assistance services from VAC; or
•the survivor of a CF member or Veteran who died due to: ◦a service-related injury or disease; or
◦a non-service-related injury or disease aggravated by service.

Permanent Impairment Allowance

A monthly taxable allowance payable if you suffer from lost job opportunities because you are permanently and severely impaired.

You may qualify for a Permanent Impairment Allowance if you are a CF Veteran who has:
•a physical and/or mental impairment that is severe and permanent;
•a rehab plan that is approved by VAC; and
•received a disability award or a disability pension related to this impairment.

Permanent Impairment Allowance Supplement
A monthly taxable benefit of $1000 payable if you are in receipt of a Permanent Impairment Allowance and, due to the level of your disability, you are not capable of suitable, gainful employment.

You may qualify for a Permanent Impairment Allowance Supplement if you are:
•in receipt of a Permanent Impairment Allowance; and
•due to the level of your disability, you are not capable of suitable, gainful employment.

Supplementary Retirement Benefit

A payment designed to compensate for the lower pension contributions made because you were unable to work as a result being totally and permanently incapacitated. This is a one-time, taxable cash award.

You may qualify for a Supplementary Retirement Benefit if you are:
•a CF Veteran who is totally and permanently incapacitated and you no longer qualify for Earnings Loss Benefits because you: ◦have reached the age of 65; or
◦are now able to hold down a suitable job.

•a survivor of a CF member or Veteran (some conditions apply, please contact VAC for more information).

Canadian Forces Income Support

A tax-free payment payable if you have completed the Rehabilitation Program and you are able to work but have not been able to find a job or have a low-paying job. Application forms can be obtained from your case manager.

You may qualify for the Canadian Forces Income Support if you:
•are a CF Veteran who no longer qualifies for Earnings Loss Benefits and you: ◦successfully completed the Rehab Program;
◦need financial help because your household income is not enough to meet your basic needs;
◦are looking for a suitable job but have not been able to find one; and
◦live in Canada

•no longer qualify for Earnings Loss Benefits, because you: ◦have reached the age of 65; or
◦are able to return to work.

•a survivor of a CF member or Veteran, who lives in Canada and meets income and other conditions.
Supremedebater
Admin

View user profile http://cvla.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: FINANCIAL BENEFITS

Post  Puddleduk on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:55 am

I applied for the pia back in september,

My CM who said they would not support the application or send me the form, has officially lost the one my brother printed off and helped fill out.

Two copies were faxed to two separate VAC offices and the original was mailed to one of those, logged in and forwarded to the CM.

This same CM has been stringing me along for the past two years with;

- no reactivation of prior VAC services,
- ignoring calls, at times for months,
- not contacting service providers or providing those service providers with prior medical records even though they have a access to information signed by me in place.

I moved from another province back to Ontario instead of remaining homeless in the former province.

i have requested prior to my application for the pia, that the CM who has done nothing to help, be replaced directly with the office manager, and through the OVO with no positive result, so the CM remains.

I shouldnt have to settle out and see how to disengage from VAC due to this CM's representation or lack there of.

It is in my better interest to have no stress and no help than NO assistance with a big helping of STRESS.

I could care less about the pia compensation package now, or the supplement, and if i had a doctor to fill in the attending physician statement for it would have been sent directly to Charlottetown for processing.

It was and is matter of principal to apply with no assistance from the CM, as i was expecting no help from them going on their past perfect record or ignoring and patronization.

I am and have remained unemployable since before (2002) my release from the CF (2004).

I am on CPP(D), SISIP LTD, VAC PA at 92%, and a CF pension (medical release @ 18 years).

Prior to my move back to Ontario, I was heavily medicated and have sacrificed the benefits of the medication for more of a say in what was happening to me. I will be going the way of medication again when I am provided a Doctor, as life is too much for me to handle anymore alone.

This is a readers digest of dealing with this CM, more info on request.

Puddleduk
private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Supremedebater on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:23 pm

I spoke to you previously thru PM you mentioned your CM's name. I know this person. I will also like you to PM me all your info. including if you have dates and times you spoke to them.
Supremedebater
Admin

View user profile http://cvla.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Puddleduk on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:04 pm

the one and only piece of written correspondence sent by the CM (Nov 2012) that I responded to by registered mail back to VAC contains my concerns and issue(s).

I will forward thru regular email to you a copy of the letter.

I have to convert the file to a previous format, as most cannot open the newer version of windows word processing program i use. If you have a problem opening it, pm me back and i'll try another version.

Puddleduk
private

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Fisher on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:07 pm

I know what your talking about, vac sucks

Sam Fisher
Corporal

View user profile

Back to top Go down