Prejudgment interest calculator

Go down

Prejudgment interest calculator

Post  Supremedebater on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:01 pm

http://www.judgmentcalculator.com/on

This one just worked for me. Use the column on the left.

I don't usually give my files out as a rule. And I don't know if its available on the web...but I will email you information regarding post and prejudgment rates schedule.


Last edited by Supremedebater on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Supremedebater
Admin

Posts : 92
Join date : 2013-01-03

View user profile http://cvla.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prejudgment interest calculator

Post  Navrat on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:18 pm

Good calculator, but these are Australian interest rates, aren't Canada's lower?

Navrat
private

Posts : 6
Join date : 2013-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prejudgment interest calculator

Post  Puddleduk on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:44 pm

not sure how to use the interest calculator, have'nt really thought of post return interest, just the return of what was intially taken.

the calculator even though it is from a different jurisdiction has merit in how it generates the interest over the period of time entered and the interest rate given.

on my first entry of the amount taken from myself by the goc it generates an almost equal number in the interest column,

question for navrat - would this be close to what you are expecting as well in your calculations as we are close in our release year?

Puddleduk
private

Posts : 12
Join date : 2013-01-05
Location : northern ontario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prejudgment interest calculator

Post  Supremedebater on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:47 pm

Navrat wrote:Good calculator, but these are Australian interest rates, aren't Canada's lower?


Top right corner hit Canada. I have a progam I use but cant post it on here...its software.
avatar
Supremedebater
Admin

Posts : 92
Join date : 2013-01-03

View user profile http://cvla.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prejudgment interest calculator

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:53 pm

Supremedebater wrote:
Navrat wrote:Good calculator, but these are Australian interest rates, aren't Canada's lower?


Top right corner hit Canada. I have a progam I use but cant post it on here...its software.

Hi Supreme, I let Navrat and Puddleduk know of the Canadian conversation button option for the calculator. Thanks

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Prejudgment interest calculator

Post  Navrat on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:56 pm

I pressed it but nothing changed , still all Australia

Navrat
private

Posts : 6
Join date : 2013-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prejudgment interest calculator

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:04 pm

Navrat wrote:I pressed it but nothing changed , still all Australia

Hang tight Nav. I will see if supreme is available still.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Prejudgment interest calculator

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:07 pm

Sparrow86 wrote:
Navrat wrote:I pressed it but nothing changed , still all Australia

Hang tight Nav. I will see if supreme is available still.


Sent message Nav, should get some answers momentarily.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Prejudgment interest calculator

Post  Wife of a Veteran on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:09 pm

Top right corner does not change interest rates it just change the currency from Canadian dollar to UK pound
avatar
Wife of a Veteran

Posts : 4
Join date : 2013-01-05
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prejudgment interest calculator

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:12 pm

Wife of a Veteran wrote:Top right corner does not change interest rates it just change the currency from Canadian dollar to UK pound

Takes a woman to figure out the calculator doesn't it WoV! Thank you for that and hope this helps Nav and Puddles. Let me if it does not work for you.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Prejudgment interest calculator

Post  Wife of a Veteran on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:14 pm

join me in this chat room for a moment and read what i wrote, please and thankyou
avatar
Wife of a Veteran

Posts : 4
Join date : 2013-01-05
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New Calculator

Post  Supremedebater on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:42 am

I posted an updated calculator, as I advised sparrow, I don't go online...my software does it for me which is embedded in my main law software. I just used this one above at the top and it worked for me.
avatar
Supremedebater
Admin

Posts : 92
Join date : 2013-01-03

View user profile http://cvla.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prejudgment interest calculator

Post  Puddleduk on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:31 am

tried the new calculator program,

my first go at using it and don't know what i am asking it in making a calculation as the only years allowed for pre or post judgement interest is years 2002 to 2005,

any suggestions for calculations beyond or from those years to present?

Puddleduk
private

Posts : 12
Join date : 2013-01-05
Location : northern ontario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prejudgment interest calculator

Post  Supremedebater on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:33 pm

Puddleduk wrote:tried the new calculator program,

my first go at using it and don't know what i am asking it in making a calculation as the only years allowed for pre or post judgement interest is years 2002 to 2005,

any suggestions for calculations beyond or from those years to present?

It can be difficult to use these calculators because the clawback extends to many years and there is different interest rates for those years. I'm not sure if the judge will make one standard interest rate going back years and create the average out to a certain date. This has yet to be decided as far as I know. Maybe someone on here can confirm this. But many are left in the dark till the 9th of January...but for the most part I do not think anyone could guess whats going to happen really. Maybe I shouldn't have posted a calculator. I am going to email you the interest rates I personally have and I am not sure if they're available over the net, I haven't checked.
avatar
Supremedebater
Admin

Posts : 92
Join date : 2013-01-03

View user profile http://cvla.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Prejudgment interest calculator

Post  Puddleduk on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:55 pm

hi supreme,

interest rates are available online for the pre and post judgement interest rates, i think the other forum site had a link to the site once, but i believe it was deleted during the cleasing (September/October 2012).

As you have mentioned, until the settlement comes out, it is up in the air as to how and if they are applicable to anyone of the class action.

Puddleduk
private

Posts : 12
Join date : 2013-01-05
Location : northern ontario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prejudgment interest calculator

Post  Sam Fisher on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:40 pm

Puddleduk wrote:hi supreme,

interest rates are available online for the pre and post judgement interest rates, i think the other forum site had a link to the site once, but i believe it was deleted during the cleasing (September/October 2012).

As you have mentioned, until the settlement comes out, it is up in the air as to how and if they are applicable to anyone of the class action.


Good to know.

Sam Fisher
Corporal

Posts : 16
Join date : 2013-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Prejudgment interest calculator

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum