Canadian Veterans Legal Advocacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychological services

2 posters

Go down

Psychological services Empty Psychological services

Post  Puddleduk Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:31 pm

starting in late 2006 (i had already been with VAC for four years) I was sent a letter explaining I would only receive 10 sessions with a psychologist a year..

As this is an for Pensionable Operational Stress Injury why would they limit the sessions?

Once vac changed the rules on who was eligible for the rehab program as I am part of the Pension Act, I was signed up and more than 10 sessions a year started.

Now, after being ignored for the part two years by my cm for obtaining any services beyond their desk roladex (not sure if they have any cards in it)

I am looking at withdrawing voluntarily from the rehab programs as the CTSM will not transfer it to a more appropriate case manager.

(1) the cm will be removed from my file once i withdraw, so i dont have to continue being stressed out by this person, and
(2) after this point i will when i call the 1-866 vac line, pressing button two, to be forwarded to the service canada phone line for continued services, and back i am assuming to a limit of 10 sessions a year for counseling.

Has anyone else forced to withdraw from unacceptable case management services?

Puddleduk
private

Back to top Go down

Psychological services Empty Re: Psychological services

Post  Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:06 pm

Hi Puddles, I don't have an answer for you at present however you can PM Supremedebater and perhaps he may be able to advise. Secondarily, if you want to come to chat daily at 7pm Supreme may be available to answer your question there. Hope we can find out the answers to your questions soon Puddles. Bye for now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Supremedebater Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:25 pm

Puddleduk wrote:starting in late 2006 (i had already been with VAC for four years) I was sent a letter explaining I would only receive 10 sessions with a psychologist a year..

As this is an for Pensionable Operational Stress Injury why would they limit the sessions?

Once vac changed the rules on who was eligible for the rehab program as I am part of the Pension Act, I was signed up and more than 10 sessions a year started.

Now, after being ignored for the part two years by my cm for obtaining any services beyond their desk roladex (not sure if they have any cards in it)

I am looking at withdrawing voluntarily from the rehab programs as the CTSM will not transfer it to a more appropriate case manager.

(1) the cm will be removed from my file once i withdraw, so i dont have to continue being stressed out by this person, and
(2) after this point i will when i call the 1-866 vac line, pressing button two, to be forwarded to the service canada phone line for continued services, and back i am assuming to a limit of 10 sessions a year for counseling.

Has anyone else forced to withdraw from unacceptable case management services?

What in literature have you provided to them reference your CM and the conflict between you both. Somethimes personalities clash. Have you sent them letters as such with regards to one and did you have them sign of the letters. Proof is necessary as you well know creates the infamous paper trail. One problem with having a CM dropped is the availability of another CM if your remotely located and not in a high populated city. 2. Is Vac have cut back on CM's and I heard this from the horses mouth. Problem is when you have an issue with a CM they look at the Veterans as the one that has the problem. I know of another Veteran I believe that has the same CM, that Veterans says the CM is great. So one must look at it that sometimes two personalities clash. Address the minister (blaney with copies of everything) as well as your local MP and tell the ombudsman they are breaching the duty of care clause as well. In that your concerns are not being answered. I could prepare you a letter but I have 8-10 letters I still haven't written and kinda backed up. Wrtiting one right now in fact and I'm taking a break lol. If you can wait, I will. But I will need dates, copies of what you sent or dates you spoke to them as well. Power is in the proof!

Hope this helps, and make sure you always copy your local MP

Supreme out
Supremedebater
Supremedebater
Admin

https://cvla.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Puddleduk Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:52 pm

hi supreme,

my cm isnt even in my area code, the closest VAC office is half the travel distance and in my area code,

but VAC deems i should be under the office in question.

Yes, for the tracking of information, the letter I sent them (copy i provided you) was sent by registered mail, and logged in when they received it.

Also up until this past fall, all calls I made to VAC on the 1-866 call line to get to my cm, i wrote down the client services agent that answer the phone, the date, and the message they passed on from myself.

I say message passed on because 99.1% of the time my cm is unavailable to come onto the recorded system and indemnify me for what they aren't doing properly.

The latest (2nd piece of correspondence in two years) letter puts it squarely on me to eat some crow and admit its my fault for their poor service record by allowing them to continue on my file or withdraw.

Either way their letter stands on my record unchallengable, as is, a permanent stain of dishonour.

Puddleduk
private

Back to top Go down

Post  Puddleduk Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:01 pm

I already know i'm damaged goods, with no doubts or hesitation I can say this, and wish i wasnt here anymore.

my VAC record prior to this cm's misrepresentation shows this without a doubt,

The actions or inaction of this cm leads me to believe (paranoid or not) that they want me off their system (without help) before their office is closed in another year and a half.

The up coming closures will not be good for the many that need the services they should be representing now.

Puddleduk
private

Back to top Go down

Post  Supremedebater Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:02 pm

Puddleduk wrote:I already know i'm damaged goods, with no doubts or hesitation I can say this, and wish i wasnt here anymore.

my VAC record prior to this cm's misrepresentation shows this without a doubt,

The actions or inaction of this cm leads me to believe (paranoid or not) that they want me off their system (without help) before their office is closed in another year and a half.

The up coming closures will not be good for the many that need the services they should be representing now.

Well lets change that Puddle, lets get you back to the happy Puddle, Bud, I was lost once as bad or worse, I was in very poor shape, if i can turn it around you can, and if you need help I'm here. Get me access to help you and I will. Ok buddy! PM me if you want to. My email is

abcsoflaw@gmail.com

supreme out
Supremedebater
Supremedebater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Puddleduk Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:13 pm

tried sending two messages last week to this site, to your im address, not sure if they were messed with by any of the entities that took over the site mid (week) last week, were lost or misdirected.

so i dont know if you received either of my messages,

i will go to my profile, check my sent file, copy them, and paste to forward to your email address listed above.

thank you for the offer and reply on here..

tried not to stress about my dealings with vac by staying away from the computer this weekend, managed to not post anything or chat but did do some more reading

Puddleduk
private

Back to top Go down

Psychological services Empty Received your email

Post  Supremedebater Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:22 pm

I just want to check in with a couple contacts, let me see what happens.
Supremedebater
Supremedebater
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum